The USS Discovery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The USS Discovery

This is the home of the USS Discovery, where players post about the accounts of their characters on board a Federation Starship

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lindsey Davis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Lindsey Davis

The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict Empty
PostSubject: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:11 pm

I was thinking it would be kind of cool to have something happen where the Discovery is transported back in time, and we witness the war between the Katesh and the Iconian empire, and see how the Iconians wiped out the Katesh, based on Drexels post. Just a thought, let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
DavidMayne
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:33 pm

I like this...since we are dealing with some unknown shit, this would be perfect to flesh out their back story so we as writers are on the same page as to whats up with these guys.
Back to top Go down
Xander
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Xander

PostSubject: Re: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:08 pm

That reminds me of the movie Star Trek: Fist Contact. Are you talking about doing something similar to that?
Back to top Go down
http://ussdiscovery.weebly.com/
Ixarys

Ixarys

PostSubject: Re: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Great idea Lindsey, I like it!
Back to top Go down
Lindsey Davis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Lindsey Davis

PostSubject: Re: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:05 pm

Xander, it wouldnt really be like First Contact, because First Contact was more about repairing damage the Borg had done in Earths past. My idea would be more of an "Origin Story" about the Katesh, and us getting a chance to learn more about the conflict with the Iconians to understand the Katesh motives in the present day. In FIrst Contact, the Enterprise followed the Borg into the past to prevent them from altering it. We would be thrust into the past by some anomaly (Let Orrin figure that shit out, he is the science geek) and the Discovery would have to figure out a way back to the present without being detected, or altering the course of history. Perhaps we inadvertantly stop the Iconianis from banishing the Katesh, and have to figure out a way to make it work...i see plenty of potential story lines we could take from that point.
Back to top Go down
ArronDrexel
Captain
Captain
ArronDrexel

PostSubject: Re: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Alice, I gotta say you have a great idea that I have totally taken and run with. We will use your idea coming up, and I have a special story arc planned for it. Needless to say it will be an epic tale, ambitious, and unlike anything we have ever done before. I look forward to writing this with everyone!.
Back to top Go down
http://ussdiscovery.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict   The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict Empty

Back to top Go down

The back story of the Katesh/Iconian conflict
Page 1 of 1